Behind the URL

Wilted Roses…the url of my blog, but why?

Because I am a rose, and I am wilted.

You may be a bit confused by this, but allow me to explain.

Roses are symbols of love-specifically red roses-and I am a loving person (if you would like proof of this, references are available upon request). The wilting of roses represents me and my withering mental and physical health. I am not yet dying, but I am in a terrible state. Just like the wilted rose can be saved if it receives enough water, sunlight, nutrients, and care, I too can be saved if given enough love and care. Ultimately, I, like the wilted rose, need attention. I understand that it may be taken wrong when I say I need attention, but, everyone needs attention to an extent. I am not trying to say that all I care about is attention; alternatively, I am saying that I need a small bit of attention, so that I understand that others care about me. Knowing that others care about me is a major factor that drives me to improve. I do not worry for myself, but others do, and to allow them to feel solace and know I am okay, I choose to take care of myself. Now back to the rose. For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a fascination with roses that I can not explain. When Apple released the new wilted rose emoji, I instantly fell in love with it, which I also could not explain. It instantly became my favourite emoji (barely beating the black heart). For a while I was completely in the dark when it came to my admiration of roses, but when I went to the hospital in January last year, I wrote a lot, and uncovered the truth. In one of the pieces I wrote, I talked about the symbolism behind roses and hearts (which I will write about in another post) and realized why I loved them so much. So in conclusion, my URL is wiltedroses.edublogs.org because I relate to wilted roses.

Featured Image

2 thoughts on “Behind the URL

1. Dear Jatinpal,

I love the aesthetic of your blog! The quote, header as well as the background gif all fit in very well and complement one another. I love how you choose to do an explanation behind your URL. I also love how you were able to take something simple like wilted roses and morph that into a personal symbol for yourself.

To improve I would suggest elaborating a little bit more on the roses and the symbolism they have for you. I know that for that you will create a separate blog post, but it would have been insightful to have read a “preview” of the piece. This would have added depth and clarity to the piece.

Overall I love this piece and can not wait to read more of your unique style!

Sincerely,
    Zabu-E

1. Dear Zabu-E,

Thank you for your kind words! I will indeed add more to my blog explaining aspects such as the aesthetics, title, and url, so thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
      Jatinpal