About Me

February 2018

This is going to be hard for me because I feel like I’m still finding myself, so for now this is the only sufficient answer I may provide to the question of who I am.

The only word I can think of to describe me is Jatinpal. There is no better way I could think to put it. But what does Jatinpal mean? To everyone who knows me it means something different. To me it means many things. I think of myself as a realistic dreamer. I know that it may sound oxymoronic, but allow me to explain. I am always lost in my thoughts, dreaming, wondering, wishing. But I never forget reality. Harsh, unforgiving reality. I think a reason I am a realistic person is due to my past. I’ve been through a lot for somebody my age and it has really influenced me and how I think. But I haven’t lost any of my creativity or hope through it all.

Writing is a huge part of my life. It’s been a form of coping and relaxation for me since I started writing regularly in grade 8. I write to express all my hidden emotions. Due to past experiences, I have issues with trust, and writing allows me to express my emotions without having to worry about being betrayed or exposed. Writing is a form of escape for me also. I can immerse myself in my dreams (or nightmares) and live how i want to. Sometimes I feel unable to describe how I feel with a single word. Occasionally, it takes me a full story or poem to truly describe or represent how I feel. I theme my writings depending on how I am feeling, and releasing my soul onto the page allows me to understand me and my emotions much better. I am a very shy person, so I enjoy writing to express myself instead of speaking. My darkest secrets, even ones that I did not know about, are subtly revealed through the texts I create, and that helps me develop as a person. I can be myself when I write. No masks. Just me. In conclusion, I find writing to be a solution. A solution to all the negatives in life. That is why I write, and that is why I’m in this class.

February 2019

I’m going to write this piece raw as possible and edit it only to fix GUMPS (grammar, usage, mechanics, punctuation, and syntax). No drafts or planning. Just me. I’m doing this because it is representative of who I am. Over the past year, my experiences taught me to be straight forward with things. I have overcome my anxiety for the most part, and only feel anxious when in uncomfortable situations, rather than all the time. I have gained a sense of self-confidence and am now able to recognize positive things about myself. I have improved my work ethic, even though there is still quite a bit of progress to make, I now focus mainly on the important things in life. What are those important things?

A few of the things that I focus my attention on are: my future, my education, my social life, and work. My future is important to me because I have so many plans for what I want my life to be like, but I can not achieve these goals without planning. For example, I chose to give up some of my free time during this past summer to do Social 20-1 in summer school, so that I may take all courses I want/need to this school year. My education is important not only because it builds a foundation for my future, but it shows my improvement as an individual. Obviously a social life is important to maintaining balance in life, so I try to spend at least one day a weekend hanging out with friends outside of school. I like money. Having a steady stream on cash allows me to treat myself to things I enjoy. What are these things I enjoy?

I enjoy writing music, specifically rap. I also enjoy cooking/baking. I don’t watch much TV but when I do it is typically The Food Network. Video games are another interest of mine. Although I do not play often, I do still enjoy to play with my brother or cousins occasionally. My academic interests are chemistry and biology, but I also have a passion for LA although I do not do as well in it as I do in the sciences. Why do I enjoy LA?

English Language Arts is a class that allows me to improve my writing skills and learn more about the human nature through literature such as Lord of the Flies. Improving my writing is meaningful to me because I want to get better at putting my emotions out there. Writing can show me and others emotions of mine that I didn’t even know I felt, as well as portray emotions that otherwise can not be described. Why does this matter?

You may ask why any of this matters, as I often do with nearly everything in life. This small description of me and my changes helps to explain the meaning or purpose of my posts, as well as giv insight to my choices as a writer.

I hope you have enjoyed this little preview into my life, and if you did, please consider reading some of my other posts. Thank you for your time.

6 thoughts on “About Me

1. Dear Jatinpal,

Your writing is truly a dedication to a piece of artwork that collects the moments of life to find the real person you truly are. Your ideas are simplistic and understanding for anyone to feel a connection that will help them to realize the importance of themselves and their gift. I really enjoyed knowing you on a deeper level and and appreciate putting out the personal side of you so I can realize the significance of your piece. It has outspoken words of wisdom and hope that adds on to that simplicity factor of journeying on a road to finding yourself and abilities.

I will say, however, that I wasn’t quite sure whether these words have met the 350 word limit as I was enthusiastic into reading more about you. Adding vocabulary into your writing would enhance the depth and knowledge into your piece.

Overall, I would love to see more into your future posts and writing!

Sincerely, Zainab.K

1. Dear Zainab,

Thank you so much for your comment. I’m glad you liked the simplicity of my piece, and I will definitely take your advice and add more to my piece.

Sincerely, Jatinpal

2. Dear Jatin,

I loved reading this piece. I thought I knew you pretty well, but this has shown me a whole new side. It’s a beautiful thing to learn about your friends and I’m very grateful for it. Your transition between parts is very creative and smooth. Although it is done simply in paragraphs, it is a unique way of going about it.
    As a way to improve, I would recommend considering a deeper side to things. Your first paragraph did include that, however, after that, you do not seem to continue with that. You also had a few grammar mistakes which interrupt the flow a bit.
    I really enjoyed reading this piece and learning so much about you, and I look forward to seeing more pieces.

Love, Sydney

1. Dearest Sydney,

Thank you for your comment, although it was purposeful to be too deep about things, I understand your perspective, and will take it into consideration. I’ll try Grammarly out and hopefully it is able to catch those mistakes and fix the flow.

Sincerely,
      Jatinpal

3. Dear Jatin,

Really admire you for being so straight forward. It kind of reminded me of an interview. where the person asks you question and you answer them as truthful and as simply as possible. I really liked the way you ended each paragraph with a question and built upon that question in the next section. that’s something I’ve never thought to do.

For improvements I would just need more of depth into some of the things that you talked about. I read your reasoning for your URL and I really liked the deeper meaning and the explanation. in the same way I would really like to see that in your About Me.

All in all I really enjoyed learning more about you and i hope to read more of your work.

Lots of love,
    Oba

1. Dearest Oba,

Thank you so much for your comment. I will definitely add more to this piece, hopefully before Sunday’s due date. I am hoping to add more things to it as well, such as information about my URL and theme/aesthetic.

Sincerely,
      Jatinpal